Search for beauty & wellness salons in your area
Choose your service and book an appointment directly from the salon's calendar
Sit back and enjoy your unique beauty & wellness experience
Featured Beauty Salons
Special Offers for Special Occasions
Salons with exclusive promotions
One stop to learn everything about wellness. Find out what these terms mean and be empowered with correct information for better health.
Beauty Salon & Spa Terms
Beauty Salon & Spa Related Terms
- Face/FacialsA facial is a skin care treatments for the face, including steam, exfoliation, extraction, creams, lotions, facial masks, peels and massage.
- Body PolishingA body polish is a body treatment that hydrates skin, leaving it smooth and soft. A body polish is a solution for attaining radiant skin.
- Facial MasqueFacial masque helps in your skin care. The right face mask can help to rehydrate skin, remove excess oils and helps to improve the appearance of your pores.
- Hair StylingA hairstyle, hairdo, or haircut refers to the styling of hair, usually on the human scalp.
- ManicureA manicure is a beauty treatment for the fingernails and hands, performed at home or in a beauty salon.
- Nail StudioA nail salon or nail studio is a specialty beauty salon that helps in nail care services such as manicures, pedicures, and nail enhancements.
- PedicureA pedicure is a cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails.
- Acne Scar Acne is painful and embarrassing skin condition. Acne scars occur when a pimple or cyst gets popped or broken. Acne scars are permanent textural changes and indentations that occur on the skin as a result of severe can
- Acrylic/Gel NailAcrylic and gel nails are artificial nail enhancements done in place of natural nails.
- Nail Buffing Nail buffing helps to make nails look more consistent and shiny. A paste is used to fill ridges on nail surfaces.
- Body SpaBody Spa helps in all kinds of body aches, stress, and tiredness.
- Acne Acne is an inflammation of the skin which arrives due to over production of oil and bacteria.
- Acupressure It is a process to get rid of pain by pressing sudden part of an area of the body.
- Acupuncture It is a method of reducing pain by inserting needles into the skin.
- AlopeciaAlopecia means Loss of hair from the head, which takes place naturally or it may cause by disease.
- Basic Shade A neutral colour applied to the hair.
- Blanching It is the whitening of the skin which is caused by hair removal & is also as called hypopigmentation.
- Blonde Hair It's not so visible and harder to treat. Lasers have little effects on blonde hair due to lack of pigment.
- Cellulite A gathering of fat cells that comes from poor lymphatic drainage, water, not drinking enough water, A inactive lifestyle and hormonal changes in the body etc..
- Chemical Depilatories Powder or cream preparations that dissolve hair above the surface of the skin. Some find these products very irritating to the skin.
- Cicatricial Alopecia It is a baldness that occurs due to scarring & in this follicles are absent in scar tissue.
- Cilia it's a medical term for eyelashes.
- Arabian EyesArabic eye makeup makes a vibrant and dramatic look to your eyes with a sensual touch.
- Aroma PedicureAroma Pedicure helps to conditions and moisturizes the cuticle for healthy, stronger nails.
- Cleansing Back TreatmentA relaxing treatment to deep cleanse and detoxify your back and shoulders. Blocked pores will be released, leaving your back smooth and decongested.
- Blow DryingBlow drying or straightening your hair dries out your hair and makes it more susceptible to damage.
- Bridal MakeupBridal Makeup adds beauty & the look that trousseau wedding must haves. Bridal make up helps bride to look best and enjoy her big day.
- Hair CrimpingHair crimping is a method of styling usually straight, long hair so that it becomes wavy, often in a sawtooth fashion.
- Cysteine TreatmentThe cysteine hair straightening system is composed of four basic steps. First, shampoo the hair using a Cysteine Smoothing Shampoo. Then Protein Leave-In Conditioner is applied, followed by a Keravis Hair Straightening Protein Conditioner and a Cysteine Smoothing Treatment.
- DandruffDandruff, also known as seborrheic dermatitis is a common scalp disorder.
- De-stress spaDe-stress on our retreats with luxury spa therapies & wellness consultations as you learn to manage stress through healthy lifestyle changes for body & mind.
- Deep CleansingDeep Cleansing Facials is a type of facial, involving cleansing, steam, facial massage, facial mask, serum and moisturizer.
- DetanDetan therapy is skin lightening and brightening therapy for your skin. This cleanser gives instant relief from sun burn.
- Collagen It's a protein that keeps all connective tissue combine under the skin.
- Comedones A medical term for blackheads.
- Conditioner It's a hair product used after shampooing the hair which moisturizes and removes tangles from the hair.
- Congenitalit's a disease that is hereditary. Example, excess hair problem in the family.
- Curved Follicles Its a rare condition which makes certain hair removal process difficult and it can stop growth of hairs.
- Cushing Syndrome it is a condition caused by a tumor on the adrenal gland which can lead to excess hair growth.
- Dandruff It is the shedding of dead skin cells from scalp due to excessive cell production.
- Deep Penetrating Treatment A conditioner of high intensity which has protein, vitamins and moisture in it which helps dry and damaged hair.
- Depilation The temporary removal of hair.
- Depilatories It is a product used to dissolve hair above the skin’s surface.
- Dermabrasion A cosmetic process used to smooth skin and reduce scars.
- Body ExfoliationBody exfoliation helps to make skin smoother and fresher looking and makes it easier for expensive facial products like serums to penetrate the skin.
- Hair BoostersHair Boosters helps in the treatments for hair growth, thinning, scalp problems etc
- Hair ExtensionHair extensions is a beauty accessory that millions of men and women use to improve the way their hair looks.
- Hair SpaA hair spa is the latest trend for conditioning the hair. It is a therapy for hair regrowth.
- Hair TexturesHair texture is determined by the circumference of the individual hair strand.
- HD BrowsHD Brows is a seven step eyebrow shaping treatment that focuses on design. It includes tinting, waxing and threading.
- ThreadingA method of hair removal in which unwanted hairs are plucked out by using a twisted cotton thread.
- Acne Clarifying TreatmentAcne Clarifying Treatment helps to eliminate breakouts and minimize pore size.
- WaxingWaxing is a form of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root
- Keratin TreatmentKeratin hair treatment is a hair smoothing process that defrizzes your hair.
- Dermal Sheath The lining around the hair.
- Dermatologist -Dermatologist are doctor who specialises in dealing with the skin, nails, hair and its diseases.
- DermisThe most profound layers of the skin where veins, lymph channels, nerve endings, sweat organs, sebaceous organs, fat cells, hair follicles and muscles are found. The dermis shifts in thickness over various locales of the body.
- DiffuserA Diffuser is a connector you put on the finish of your hairdryer; it's by and large round with various pins standing out from it. The diffuser spreads out the wind stream from your hairdryer so you don't get the full compel of the air, which means a gentler drying process.
- Skin inflammation Also called contact dermatitis, it's a gentle irritation of the skin.
- Epidermis The thin external layer of skin over the thicker and more profound dermis.
- EpilationThe expulsion of hair underneath the skin's surface (instead of depilation). Epilation strategies incorporate culling, waxing, electrolysis and laser.
- SheddingA procedure of evacuating the best dead skin layers to uncover more advantageous, fresher skin underneath.
- Eyelashes Protective hairs on the eyelid.
- Feathering Feathering is a trimming system used to remove hard lines from the hair by trimming into the hair gentler lines are made.
- Completing Spray A hairspray with medium hold utilized on a completed style to keep up its shape.
- MakeupMakeup helps to bring beauty and inspiration to women. Its use of cosmetics such as lipstick or powder applied on the face to enhance or alter the appearance.
- Body MassageA full-body massage indicates that the therapist will massage your whole body during a therapeutic massage lasting at least 50 minutes.
- RebondingRebonding is the chemical process which helps to straighten your hair. Rebonding is a permanent process that leaves hair sleek, smooth and straight.
- Revival FacialRevival Facial boosts your skin by removing dead skin cells, moisturizing, reducing pores and smoothening fine lines and wrinkles.
- Skin Beauty TreatmentsSkin Beauty Treatments helps in skin integrity. Skincare and beauty treatments enhance your natural beauty.
- BleachSkin bleaching is a depigmentation treatment to remove dark spots which are caused by aging, disease, hormone changes and sun.
- Spa ManicureSpa manicure means longer treatment for fingernails and hands than the regular manicure.
- Spa PedicureSpa Pedicure is the method for cleaning and removing dead skin cells from feet and toenails.
- Anti Aging TreatmentAnti ageing treatments is the best way to smooth out the lines on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth without any need for surgery.
- Whitening MasqueWhitening Mask is a hydrating mask that helps to brighten the uneven skin tones and gently minimize the look of old acne scars.
- Folliculitis A typical issue described by irritation of the hair follicle otherwise called Pseudofolliculitis Barbae (PFB) or Tinea Barbae.
- Spots Small bunches of coagulated melanin.
- Silver Hair Hair that has lost its shade.
- Hair Extensions Hair augmentations are utilized to add volume or length to your hair by holding manufactured or genuine hair to your underlying foundations.
- Hair Growth CycleHair goes through a progression of cycles known as Anagen (developing stage), Catagen (resting stage) and Telogen (lethargic stage).
- Hair Weaving A procedure by which a hairpiece is connected to your current hair by twisting or weaving.
- Hair Weft Clips To join hair wefts by cuts. Clasps are set in the hair and snapped shut to hold the weft safely set up.
- Interlocking A technique in which hair is kept up or fixed utilizing an instrument.
- LayeringLayering is a method utilized by beauticians to change the thickness of the hair, to get thicker appearance. Along these lines the hair can be given a more full appearance, more surface and development.
- Melanin Natural substance that gives shading (color) to hair and skin.
- Melanoma A type of skin tumor.